Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Abstract Russian Ballet


I probably should have posted this earlier, but since I was so busy getting ready for finals, I didn’t find the time for it. So I’m posting it now.


Anyway, during the weekend, I went to go see a ballet performed by ballerinas from russia. I dressed up nice, just like a doll, with my favorite cardigan on, and my rori-shoes and makeup. I felt so adorable and happy, and I was so excited to see the ballet.


It wasn’t exactly what I expected though. The dances were like a mixture of modern dance and the “egyptian dance move” (I have no idea what it’s called, so I hope you get what I’m talking about) performed by ballerinas with a touch of original ballet moves.


My mom said that she didn’t like it. She prefers “normal” ballet. Of course I do too, but I didn’t mind the “abstract” ballet performance. I found it very creative and interesting, and I thought it was totally worth it.


But next time I go to a ballet, I’ll make sure that I’m going to make sure that I’m going to a “normal” ballet, as my mom calls it. I still prefer that over abstract ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment